It’s that time of year again…
The October 2018 print edition of Famous Monsters has arrived!
2018 is a very special year for the world’s first monster magazine. It’s our 60th anniversary, and we’re still in print!
We’re celebrating our anniversary with Famous Monsters Issue 290, a big souvenir book of — what else? — anniversaries!
As you may recall from last year, these annual print issues are much more hefty than our previous quarterlies, monthlies, and bi-monthlies. This year’s issue runs 192 pages and is packed full of features, interviews, galleries, rarities, comic book previews, retro articles, and everything else you’ve loved from our pages since 1958.
In Famous Monsters #290…
- We honor 200 years of Mary Shelley’s FRANKENSTEIN;
- look back at the glory of 1933’s KING KONG;
- talk to John Russo and Russ Streiner about 50 years of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD;
- get an exclusive tour of Sideshow’s headquarters and their COURT OF THE DEAD collection;
- talk grindhouse memories with William Lustig and Jackie Kong;
- give a brief history of dinosaurs in film on the 25th anniversary of JURASSIC PARK;
- preview American Gothic Press titles NICE and WHISPER IN THE WOODS;
- celebrate the impact of classics on their anniversaries: ROSEMARY’S BABY, PLANET OF THE APES, PIRANHA, RETURN OF THE JEDI, HELLBOUND, CHILD’S PLAY, RINGU, DARK CITY, and more!
This one of a kind issue is available with two tribute covers painted by the almighty Sanjulian, so order yours today!