It’s the end of summer, and the dawning of a new issue…
Time to order the October 2019 print annual, Famous Monsters #291!
In 2019, we introduced a brand new series of best-of issues: the ACK-IVES, which put together six decades of Famous Monsters print material on a chosen topic (in the series so far: Godzilla *SOLD OUT*, and Hammer Horror). With our archives seeing print twice a year, we figured that the annual magazine should be reserved exclusively for new material!
So we’re changing the format a bit: this year’s annual, Issue 291, is the same price as a volume of the Ack-Ives — $16.99 — and contains 120 pages of brand new articles and interviews. No vintage reruns, fewer ads, more of the fresh content you love!
Famous Monsters #291 includes…
- A look back at CURSE OF THE DEMON and other demon archetypes in cinema;
- a celebration of Gaston Leroux’s THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, first published 110 years ago;
- 200 years of John William Polidori’s THE VAMPYRE;
- an epic Stan Lee memorial tribute;
- an entire section called MUSICAL MONSTERS wherein we talk to FM-inspired musicians and how monsters influence their creativity;
- anniversary celebrations of ALIEN, PHANTASM, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, THE VALLEY OF GWANGI, ED WOOD, DRAG ME TO HELL, and more;
- a study of Stephen King’s domination of the movie world with PET SEMATARY and IT CHAPTER 2;
- a peek into the wide world of horror podcasts;
- and, of course, more!
There are two stunning covers available: Sanjulian’s colorful rendition of the fire demon from CURSE OF THE DEMON, and a new shadowy portrait of Claude Rains’ Phantom in THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!